Thursday, October 7, 2010

Owl City: Ocean Eyes

I know! I have not been on in FOREVER!!! But well, I have been pretty bussy latly. :) Anyway, today, I am going to review not a book, but a CD. I am going to review the newest Owl City CD, Ocean Eyes.



I got the cd at the beginning of the year, and I am SO glad I did. I wasn't sure if I would like OC or not. I only knew Fireflies, and I thought that if all the songs were as weird as that one, I would not like it. But we were going on vacation that week, and I had some money that was burning a hole in my pocket, so when we were at Target, I gave in and bought it for $10.00. Well, that night, I was packing for vacation, and I put it on in my CD player. And to tell you the truth, I felt like I was going to fall asleep. The OC music dose that to you! :) I think Vanilla Twilight did it the most. :) Anyway, we brought the CD with us on vacation, and I was surprised how much my dad liked it! :) He really isn't into "New Age" Music like this, but he liked it so much, he put it on his ipod. :) Anyway, the CD has 12 songs on it including "Fireflies" and "Hello Seattle" My favorite is "On the Wing"

The CD is not really a Christian CD, but the song "Meteor Shower" is a short song which mainly says these words.

"I can finally see, that you're right there beside me. I am not my own, for I have been made new. Please don't let me go, I desperately need you."

Those are the only words in the whole song. It is very pretty, and could easily make you fall asleep while packing. :) lol

There are other songs on the CD which don't make much since at all, like "Dental Care"

"I've been to the dentist a thousand times so I know the drill. I smooth my hair sit back in the chair, and somehow, I still get the chills"
"Golf and Alcohol don't mix, that why I don't drink and drive. Because good grief, I'd knock out my teeth and have to kiss my smile goodbye."

And then there are other songs which are mainly about love :) lol

"Saltwater Room" "Time together is never quite enough, when you and I are alone, I never felt so at home."

"The Bird and the Worm" "If I'm your boy, we'll take a shortcut we remember, and we'll enjoy picking apples in last September like, we've done for years, then we'll take a long walk thew the corn Field and I'll kiss you, between the ears."

"Vanilla Twilight" "The Stars lean down to kiss you, and I lie awake and miss you. Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere." "The silence isn't so bad, till I look at my hands and feel sad. Because the spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly"


The CD is full of all sorts of different kinds of music. But they all sound the same, if you know what I mean. Like, they are all very "Computerish" Well, if you don't get it, look up OC on YouTube, and you will get what I mean. :) Anyway, I think this CD is AWESOME! And if you like good music, this CD is for you!

Well, that's my review, and I hope you enjoied it!!! Thanks for reading!!!~Sammy

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Owl City! We got the deluxe version of that CD for my brother for his birthday on Oct. 30th! I love it to and so if I get the chance I'm going to put some of the songs on my iPod. :)It's funny, because once we showed the songs to my grandmother on YouTube. She liked it so much, that we played almost all his songs while playing a game! :D

    ReplyDelete